NKC Championship Requirements
Specialty Show Junior Champion: Puppies 3 months to under 1 year of age earning 100 NKC Conformation Points with a Best Puppy In Show or 2 best of sex. * Jr. Champions need only complete the major win (two Best Male or Female or One Best of Show overall with competition) requirements to become an adult Champion, they do not need to earn the additional 100points.
Champion: Dogs 1 year of age or older earning 100 NKC Conformation points, plus (2) Two Best Male or Female in show or One Best in Show overall with competition.
Grand Champion: Dogs having earned their NKC Champions title, must earn (5) five Champion of Champions Class wins with competition.
Supreme Grand Champion: Dogs having earned their NKC Grand Champions Title, must earn (5) five Grand Champions class wins with competition.
*Competition: consists of at least (2) two dogs in the ring. If there is only one, representative, available for an upper level class that class may still be held but no championship points will be awarded. Ribbons, Trophies or other awards will be awarded.
Titles & Championship Degree Policy
- All Championship point disputes must be reported to NKC no later than six (6) months after the event date.
- The title or Championship degree will be sent to the registered owner when the dog fulfills the requirements for a Champion, Grand Champion. You will know once you receive the title or degree that our records will also credit this title or degree on your dog’s records. This means any offspring out of this dog will have this new title or degree on their records. If you as the registered owner want to update your registration papers to include the new titles/awards, you may do so by returning your old papers with a request for updated papers and the proper fee. This is not required, only an option if you want your dogs titles to be displayed on the registration papers.
- If a dog earns the need points and major win requirements according to the owners records to be moved up to the next level of competition (Champion, Grand Champion and Super Grand Champion) it may do so a the following show. This is contingent on the condition that the records kept by the dog’s owners are in accordance with those kept by NKC. Neither NKC nor the host clubs are responsible for any mistakes made by the owners of these dogs concerning the dog’s points. If it is found that the owner’s records were in error, and the dog had not fulfilled the requirements for a Championship title, all points attained by that dog in the higher level will be considered void.
- Once a dog has been shown at the higher level, it may not move back to the lower level unless the owner is notified by NKC that the dog did not fulfill the requirements for the necessary title to move up.
- If the NKC has notified the owner that his dog has completed its Champion title, it may no longer compete in the Puppy, Junior, Senior, or Veteran class. The dog must move up to the Champion of Champions class. If the NKC has notified the owner that his dog has completed its Grand Champion title, it may no longer compete in the Champion of Champions class. The dog must move up to the Grand Champion class. If the NKC has notified the owner that his dog has completed its Super Grand Champion title, it may no longer compete in the Grand Champion of Champions class. The dog must move up to the Super Grand Champion class